Thursday, May 6, 2010

Journal #1 "Candy" by Kevin Brooks

I am very much enjoying my novel, Candy, by Kevin Brooks. Through out the book I have found many situations I can connect to, mainly because I am the same age as the main characters. Even Iggy ,who is portrayed as a bully reminds me of people I have encountered often throughout high school. One of the main questions I am eager to find out is about Candy's background and why she has become who and what she is. On page 102 Joe is eaves dropping on Candy as she is on the phone. He knows it is not a good conversation, " It wasn't nice to see. I turned away. Burying my head in the sand." I made a connection to this passage after my recent week spent away from school. Many times I forced myself to bury my head in the warm sand in Mexico, knowing I would have to come back and complete everything I had missed. Joe knows, like me , what is real but is choosing to ignore the truth. Eventually, like me, Joe will have to face the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment